Saturday, June 1, 2013

BABY SHOWER PART TWO: NURSERY/CRAFTING (and last gift)

So as many of you probably saw on Facebook we received a very large package....as large as our couch and Sophia our great dane was so curious well here it is !



A brand new crib from Jen, Jason, and the Girls !!!!!!!



They also sent us this cute little bouncer!

Now for all the crafting and a few SNEAK PEEKS of the nursery (It is still not complete we need to do the bookshelves and changing table area)

First off the bedding about two weeks ago I made the choice of returning all bedding previously bought and going with a different color theme! I found the perfect SKIP HOP bedding set but it was $119 dollars! So here I go bargaining away....I was able to get Babies R Us to price match Amazon bringing the price down to $60.00 I was happy with that so I put it on hold to pick up the next day but for some reason that very next morning before going back to Babies R Us I thought I would swing by TJ MAXX and what do I find on sale for $40.00 ??? THE BEDDING BOUGHT! Happy mama to be right here!!!

We still didnt want to use a bumper or blanket (were swaddling/sleep sacking) so this set was perfect it came with a matching sleep sack and a bumper free sheet set! Along with a cute little blanket and bed skirt
I was thinking about hanging hooks up along Jacks bed for his swaddles/sleep sacks but just did not like the look so I went craigslist hunting and found a little ladder! Then painted it blue to match everything else.

Before


Painted

Swaddles, Sleepsacks, and Blankets!



Great Grandma Wilma painted Jacks wooden initials for me and then that crafting project began! We are on a budget here so I found some free frames and re-vamped them !

Free frames

Frame taken apart, letters ready, scrap book paper found

end product








Another project I did was while at a Meetup event with some other moms was "where your heart lies"
yet again I found a frame to revamp ($3.00 at goodwill) and used the left over scrap paper from the above projects! I still need to write "Distance means so little when someone means so much" since the heart is in San Diego for Casey! :)






Lastly since daddy speaks fluent french and I use to know some (and am relearning) we wanted to get Jack started early so I made him a English French wall with flash cards (which will be laminated so he can play with them as well)

double click to make bigger
 Will be uploading the baby shower game blog and new tummy pic blog later today or early morning Sunday! Thank you again for all involved in our special day!!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment