Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Miscellaneous news around the homestead




Does it get any cuter?

A boy and his dog...well really Ender is his dog and is much better with him!

There are some random things to blog about now that we got the power, plumbing, water, internet and heat out of the way!
One major thing is this mama needs a break; eh i'm not working so I get to stay on the homestead and recently got a gym membership again which is nice but man oh man this little boy... he has been teething for ages I swear and he's growing like a weed! Weaning him after 18 months is going alright could be going faster but it takes time and adjustment. We...I mean Casey has finally got his sleeping under control; but he refuses to go down nice for me. It's a struggle. This weekend is my birthday and Casey's sister is coming up from Phoenix to watch little Jack A Roo and I'm quite excited then the following weekend Casey and I are going to a concert on Friday night (craig wayne boyd the voice winner this year). My break from school right now has never felt so good; I'm nearing the end but it still seems so far away!

Anyway back to business well really this is just a fun little post!

Casey built Jack a little bookshelf (he has a whole bin of books as well)

Jack checking it out

We started to nail down the tracks on the train table (since Jack likes to crawl on it to play) and we got the rest of his toys from storage. We plan to build a cover over the patio area soon.
One of Jack's favorite things...playing with dads tools & exploring the land




Since we don't have chickens yet our neighbors have been amazing about allowing us to get farm fresh eggs! I get about a dozen a week from them and they are SO good; I am really excited to get our chicken coop built and get some hens. I could easily eat more than a dozen a week with the help of Jack! 



Last month Casey made our burn barrel since there is no garbage service. We still need to make one trip to the landfill but over all this seems to be working well. We may eventually drill a few more holes but it is working as is for now.





Just a picture of the Dane!

Anyway I thought there was much more to blog about for the miscellaneous homestead news but I can't recall what I'm missing so until next time!

Oh yea! Casey got himself a 1985 Ford Bronco so now I have the Jeep Wrangler!! I'll try to get pictures of that soon as well.

The Thompsons-


No comments:

Post a Comment