Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bruce&King Update

I wanted to try and get a few blogs out today and one of them is the piglet pen expansion and just a general update of how they are doing since being home!



It was hard to capture how big their pen truly is and eventually when we get females (I currently have two in my sights just need to get the details figured out) we will probably expand a bit more and create a "run" for them to be more "free range". I going to start growing grass for them so they won't need as much hay. Currently, their favorite snacks cucumber, carrots, heads of lettuce, grapefruit, half of cantaloupe and apples! I'm going to give them watermelon tomorrow which I'm sure they will just devour! Planning on capturing that with the camera! 


Back right side

Front left side

Back left side

Side capture

Caseys hay holder he built

Jack is obsessed with them!


We had to get a hay rack because they would drag it ALL over their pen


Hard to tell but Jack is throwing a complete fit since we were leaving the pig pen!

Throwing a fit is a bit clearer here haha


A boy and his pigs!




Grape fruit day!

Grape fruit day!


Oh my! Their cute little piglet tails!

Big thank you to Rhonda and Stan for the kennel! 

Stay tuned for the update on female KuneKunes coming to the homestead!

The Thompsons-

3 comments:

  1. Your boys including the two legged human look great. The pigs have great color and markings....I bet they will have very cute piglets....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait and of course you guys will have first choice!

      Delete