Thursday, March 26, 2015

Miscellaneous Homestead Update



My final blog for the day recaps on a few little projects we've done in the last month or so!

Inside storage solutions!

Inside storage solutions!



Inside storage solutions! 

Last months reading material! 


Inside storage solutions! (New cabinet far left)

Outdoor bath times still a hit! 




He's been working with dad a lot outside and on Bronco!


I can't get enough! 

CHEESE!

Transplanted five trees from another part of the 10 acres

Jack checking out the hammock! 

Which he loves! 
Hooking up controller for solar panel!
We have solar!!

We still need another panel and some better batteries but it's a start and now Casey knows how to hook it up so adding to the system shouldn't be hard. Eventually we plan to get the solar panel on top of the covered patio.

Casey hooking up our solar panel!




So remember at the start of this journey when I found that amazing 1880s trundle bed/couch...while it broke... not once but like three times but Ender proceeded to eat the cushions I made for it. So in the end we ended up with two comfy chairs from ikea and a trundle bed out back. I wanted to re-use the wood and made a table! 
Before Picture!



Table built (pre-sealing)
After it was sealed. Sea-Saw benches for the legs. Need to be stained.


Legs stained. But need to be stained again to add the cherry red tint. 


After picture!


I found these awesome little lanterns at Target and Casey totally fulfilled my vision and created a hanging piece to put them on above my table!




I still need to get the type of chairs I want for the table or possibly make benches using the old legs from the bed we shall see!

There are a few other projects in the making as well; I was able to score a huge pile of old wooden framed single pane windows and plan to FINALLY create the shower house! 

In addition, the pallet hoop house is almost complete and the planting shall begin here in the next week or two so stay tuned for that as well.

Oh...baby lambs..cows...goats..oh my!

Again, thank you for following along and encouraging our growth on the homestead! 

The Thompsons-

4 comments:

  1. uh this is just the cutest thing I have ever seen! I'm so proud of you for going after your dreams! I can't believe you are living off the grid! You are an inspiration to all of us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that you are always there for me no matter my crazy ideas and especially when things are hard. Im glad your enjoying a new adventure of your own! Love you too!

      Delete
  2. I have to be honest girl. I LOVE it ! Everything you are doing with your place. So creative and well working. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow just saw this comment. Thanks lady more to come for sure!

      Delete