Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dustin: A Brave Soul

This blog goes out to a wonderful guy I had recently blogged about on the Urban Street Angels website if you missed it here it is http://urbanstreetangels.org/meet-an-angel/. He recently re-homed his wonderful dog, came back to San Diego from San Fran and became single. He is ready to start his new life and end the many years he has spent on the streets. This weekend he was in invited into someones home with two of his best friends he enjoyed some guy time watching football, eating dinner, taking a shower and enjoying what most young adults don't think twice about. When I met them at church this morning his smile lit up not only the room but my heart. He was so happy today... the happiest I have seen him since meeting him! I took them to Ocean Beach in the back of the jeep wrangler for a program meeting and I could hear them talking and laughing amongst themselves. It made my entire weekend. These young men have decided that it is the time in their life to take the next step; Dustin is clean and Rob is on his way but that is not all this journey entails. This is the part where you find out who are you are! We will be assisting them with finding a program that fits their needs; housing, GED help, job opportunities, detox etc. 
They think that myself and a few other leaders have inspired them but really they inspire me. They inspire me to not only love and accept people more openly but to find who I am and want to be as a wife, mother and person. I am blessed to have met Dustin many months ago and now his friends and I am even more thankful that I am part of their journey in self discovery. Whether near or far I am always a text, email, or phone call away. I will be thinking of them and blessing their paths every step of the way.
Brittany-

No comments:

Post a Comment